Summit Therapy Animals is an organization whose volunteers enrich the lives of others through the powerful human-animal bond.
We promote and provide animal assisted therapy and animal assisted activities in a variety of settings throughout the Colorado Summit. We utilize the therapeutic nature of the human-animal bond to positively affect the lives of others.
Summit Therapy Animals Board of Directors
Summit Therapy Animals volunteers provide pet-facilitated therapy in hospitals, schools, public libraries, long-term care facilities, adult day care centers, hospice centers, and other care-giving facilities.
Where we Impact (to name a few):
1) Reading Education Assistance Dogs (R.E.A.D.) in Summit Schools.
2) Weekly visits with patients & families at St. Anthony Hospital.
3) Summer "Reading with a Dog" at all 3 Summit Libraries.
4) Humane Education courses in conjunction with the Summit Animal Shelter.
5) Hospice visits in conjunction with Bristlecone Home Health.
6) Numerous "special occasions" throughout the year throughout the county!
What is Involved?
1) Become a Registered Therapy Animal Team.
2) Become registered or trained in your activities of interest (reading, outreach, etc).
3) Volunteer at a local facility (schools, hospitals, etc). We have existing relationships with most facilities in Summit County.
4) Make a Difference with your Pet!
Summit Therapy Animals is a non-profit organization in the United States of America as recognized by the Internal Revenue Service pursuant to Section 501(c)(3), et seq. of the Internal Revenue Code.
Summit Therapy Animals is proud to acknowledge our Corporate & Institutional Sponsors. Their support and donations allow us to expand our activities throughout Summit County.